Teach Me To Fish
A Program For Doctors Who Want To Assume Control Of Their Finances
In three individual one-hour Skype® coaching sessions, you will be taught the following financial literacy skills:
- Track your annual income, expenses, savings and net worth with free online tools.
- Define a target net worth that would be enough to sustain your lifestyle independent of work income (financial independence).
- Create a road map to retirement including your planned savings rate and the number of years it will take to reach financial independence.
- Compare tools to assess your risk tolerance. (Ensure you can sleep well at night during market downturns.)
- Compare different asset allocations (ratio of stocks to bonds) to see which might be suitable for you.
- Compare different simple portfolios of extremely low-cost, passively-managed index funds through Vanguard to see which might be suitable for you.
- We have no financial relationship, but I’m a fan of Vanguard’s ethical business practice.
- Evaluate how placing specific funds in tax-deferred vs. taxable accounts can reduce liabilities.
- Rebalance (restore your ratio of stocks to bonds) with every new savings contribution.
- Choose a date to rebalance your portfolio annually (promoting buying low and selling high).
The benefits of owning your financial life will pay many dividends:
- Assess whether you are spending time in a way that reflects your values and make modifications.
- Intentionally reallocate money so your actual life better resembles your ideal life.
- Develop a reasonable plan that creates a set-it-and-forget-it portfolio so you can spend more time on priorities.
- As you approach your target net worth, consider adjusting your medical career to improve work-life balance.
If I give you a fish, you’ll eat for one day. If I teach you to fish, you’ll eat for life.
This service will commence doing business January 1, 2019.
Step 1. Make payment below (payment processing buttons will appear January 1, 2019).
Step 2. Check your email for a confirmation of payment with a link to schedule coaching sessions within 24 hours.
By submitting payment, you agree to abide by our Service Terms and Conditions.
Teach Me To Fish – $599
3 hours of personalized financial literacy coaching toward assuming control of your finances.
Additional 1 hour – $249
Personalized financial literacy coaching.