I’m selective about the company I keep, and my goal is to assist you in owning your financial life – never to profit at your expense.
If I’ve been a helpful guide on your financial journey, I’d be grateful if you’d consider one of the following affiliate links. If you use them I stand to make a modest commission.
Personal Capital provides an online dashboard for your finances.
- Track income and spending.
- View all of your accounts in one place (bank, brokerage, loans, mortgage) to follow your net worth.
- See your investment expenses.
- Run simulations for retirement.
Splash Financial refinances student loans.
If you are not going for PSLF, refinancing student loans should be one of your first priorities as an attending.
Using my link below automatically scores you a $500 bonus for balances > $30k.
Their strengths include:
- Rates as low as 3.75% fixed APR
- 5,8,12,15 year terms (I recommend a 5 year term that you pay off immediately)
- Balances up to $300k
- No origination or early repayment fees
Student Loan Planner creates custom loan repayment plans.
If you are a DIY loan manager, WCI has written a comprehensive debt management article complete with flowcharts – by all means start there.
If you look at ICR, IBR, PAYE, REPAYE, PSLF and see is a dizzying labyrinth of alphabet soup, consider using Student Loan Planner.
Travis Hornsby, a former bond trader for Vanguard, founded the company after his process to repay loans taken out by his spouse (a urologist) became a hit with her friends. A fair fee for a service likely to pay for itself in savings.